Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Taming His Virgin Wife – Devil Creek Ranch Book 1 by Olivia Starke

Olivia Starke is here today with her new book - Taming His Virgin Wife (Devil Creek Ranch Book 1)




Melody:
I never expected forever when I married Lucas all those years ago. It was a dare, encouraged by one too many vodka shots. It’s surprising neither of us annulled the marriage. But the truth is, I can’t be a wife, not to any man, not even to sweet, wonderful Lucas, thanks to the monsters of my past that still haunt me to this day. 

By some miracle, when I was desperate to save my brother, Lucas reappeared in my life. Lucas, who’d helped me so many times in the six months I’d shared his home as a sixteen-year-old foster kid. I had little choice but to take his offer—move with him to his Wyoming ranch and be his wife, for real this time. Lucas doesn’t know the reason I need the money, and it’s a secret I can’t tell. 

Lucas: 
Running into Melody in an Iowa bar seemed like fate. And when I heard she’s in trouble, I have to help her, because I’ve always felt protective over Melody. In my heart, she’s always been mine. 

Now, that she’s with me at Devil Creek Ranch, I find it impossible to ignore the feelings I’ve carried for her since I was a seventeen-year-old kid. I want a wife, a partner in life as well as in my bed, but I know Melody is hiding something from me. Something I fear may drive us apart in the end.


Publisher’s Note: This sweet romance contains elements of power exchange, adult language and sensual scenes. If any of these offend you, please do not purchase.



“Melody.” Her name was a raspy whisper.

She closed her eyes, trying to shut him out. But it was no use, his scent filled her head, the memory of his skin and muscles on her fingertips. She heard him shift, then his hand touched her cheek.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

She bit her lower lip, trembling.

“Look at me,” he said.

She forced her eyes open. He was inches from her. She waited for the kiss she craved, and sagged toward him. His thumb brushed her mouth.

“I can’t help myself when it comes to you, Mels.”

And then his lips brushed hers. A light, testing touch. A kiss that asked permission, and Melody waited, listening for the screaming monsters in her mind. The fireplace crackled, and the old ranch home creaked as it settled. A moment of silence and freedom from the ghosts of the past and she took advantage. She pressed forward, daring to touch his jaw. The day’s growth of beard rasped against her palm. He cupped the back of her head, taking the kiss further.

The tip of his tongue trailed over her top and bottom lip, and she opened to him, touching his tongue with hers. She’d avoided this type of kissing with other men, and this brand-new kind of intimacy thrilled her. He led her in the kiss, and she eagerly followed, until it became a fevered exploration. Then she was on her back, and he was over the top of her. His fingertips trailed fire around her aching nipple, their kisses growing sloppy, desperate.

She moaned, arching her back, wanting everything he had to offer.






Olivia is an editor, book hoarder, cat wrangler, horse whisperer, and professional storyteller. She lives in the beautiful Missouri Ozarks and can often be found outside, enjoying the country life.











No comments:

Post a Comment